This isn’t just another seafood dish—it’s an unparalleled experience that will redefine your love for shrimp. I remember I made shrimp scampi for my family and my brother thought it would be a good idea to make its creamy so my mind went straight to work and I thought lets add some cream and a little extra cheese and see how this goes. Needless to say, it was a hit and I have been making it like this ever since. Let’s explore why my Creamy Shrimp Scampi stands out as the ultimate choice for seafood lovers.
Moreover, Creamy Shrimp Scampi is a luscious seafood delight featuring plump, succulent shrimp bathed in a velvety, garlic-infused cream sauce. This dish combines the richness of butter and Parmesan with the freshness of lemon, creating a harmonious symphony of flavors. Tossed with perfectly cooked linguine or spaghetti, it’s a quick and indulgent masterpiece that promises to satisfy every seafood craving.
So, whether served on a pasta or just as just the shrimp alone, my creamy shrimp scampi recipe is a crowd pleaser for sure.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS CREAMY SHRIMP SCAMPI
Additionally, succulent shrimp take center stage, bathed in a luxuriously creamy sauce that boasts the perfect balance of garlic, butter, and Parmesan. The addition of fresh lemon adds a zesty kick, elevating the dish to extraordinary flavor. Paired with al dente linguine or spaghetti, this creamyshrimp scampi is a culinary masterpiece—quick to make, yet rich in flavor, making it undeniably the best in its class.
Creamy Shrimp Scampi Ingredients
- Large Shrimp: Delivering succulence and a delicate texture.
- Linguine or Spaghetti: Providing the perfect canvas to absorb the creamy sauce.
- Olive Oil: Infusing a subtle richness to complement the shrimp.
- Butter: Creating a luscious base for the velvety sauce.
- Garlic and shallot: Adding depth and aroma to the scampi.
- Chicken Broth or White Wine: Introducing savory undertones to enhance the overall flavor.
- Heavy Cream: Ensuring a luxuriously creamy texture.
- Parmesan Cheese: Offering a nutty and salty flavor profile.
- Fresh Lemon Juice and Zest: Providing a bright, citrusy kick.
- Bayou City Lemon Pepper: Adds a subtle zesty heat.
How To Prepare Creamy Shrimp Scampi
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Season and sauté seasoned shrimp in olive oil until pink and opaque.
- Prepare the creamy sauce with butter, garlic, shallot, chicken broth/white wine, heavy cream, Parmesan, lemon juice, and zest.
- Combine pasta and shrimp in the sauce, tossing until well-coated.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
Three Perfect Pastas for Creamy Shrimp Scampi:
- Linguine: Classic and perfectly captures the creamy sauce.
- Fettuccine: The wide, flat noodles provide a luxurious feel to each bite.
- Pappardelle: Offers a rustic touch, ideal for soaking up the rich flavors.
Tips for making the perfect shrimp scampi
- Use fresh, high-quality shrimp for optimal flavor.
- Don’t overcook the shrimp to maintain their succulence.
- Use freshly grated parmesan
- Add a couple tablespoons of pasta water
- Toss the pasta and shrimp gently to coat evenly in the creamy sauce.
- Bayou City Lemon Pepper Seasoning
Pair this decadent dish with a crisp Chardonnay or Pinot Grigio. For a complete meal, serve with a fresh arugula salad or with a side of garlic bread to mop up the delightful sauce.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Frozen shrimp or fresh for this recipe? A: Fresh shrimp is recommended for the best taste and texture, but high-quality frozen shrimp can be a convenient alternative.
Q: Do I have to use white wine? A: No, you can double up on the chicken stock or even use seafood stock
If you loved this Creamy Shrimp Scampi recipe, let me know in the comments. For more delicious recipes, follow me on TikTok and Instagram!
Creamy Shrimp Scampi
- 1 lb large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 8 oz pasta spaghetti, linguine, etc
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Bayou City Lemon Pepper
- 1 tsp old bay
- pinch of salt
- 4 tbs unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 shallot minced
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup parmesan grated
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the linguine or spaghetti according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Pat the shrimp dry with paper towels and season with onion powder, garlic powder, lemon pepper, old bay, smoked paprika, salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook for 1-2 minutes per side or until they turn pink and opaque. Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add butter shallot, and minced garlic. Sauté the garlic and shallot for about 1 minute until fragrant but not browned. Pour in the white wine or chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and add heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Stir until the cheese is melted and the sauce is well combined.
- Add the cooked pasta and shrimp to the skillet with some pasta water, tossing to coat everything evenly in the creamy sauce. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until heated through.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper, as needed.
- Transfer the creamy shrimp scampi to a serving platter or individual plates. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
- Serve the creamy shrimp scampi immediately, and enjoy the delicious combination of flavors.