Many people are intimidated by the precision of baking but trust me, with this recipe for the most delicious Strawberry Bundt cake, you can’t mess up! Today, you’re diving into the realm of summertime desserts with a sensational treat that will leave your taste buds dancing: the Strawberry Bundt Cake. Bursting with the vibrant essence of fresh strawberries, this cake is a celebration of the season’s finest flavors. This strawberry-infused masterpiece that will make you the star of any cookout!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe:
This specific Strawberry Bundt Cake recipe lies in its simplicity and the extraordinary taste it delivers. Made with luscious, juicy strawberries, this cake showcases the pure essence of the fruit, resulting in a burst of fresh, tangy flavors in every bite. The combination of moist cake and delicate strawberry icing creates a harmonious balance that is both delightful and satisfying. This recipe is perfect for springtime parties, summer barbecues, or even as a special treat to enjoy with loved ones.
How to Ensure a Perfect Release:
- Thoroughly Grease the Pan: Start by greasing your Bundt pan generously with butter or
non-stick cooking spray, ensuring that every nook and cranny is covered.
- Use Flour or Cocoa Powder: After greasing the pan, lightly dust it with flour or cocoa
powder. This creates a barrier between the batter and the pan, further preventing
- Cooling and Inverting: Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes after baking.
Then, place a wire rack or a flat plate on top of the pan and invert it, gently tapping the
bottom to release the cake. The strawberry Bundt cake should slide out effortlessly onto
the rack or plate.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Fresh Strawberries: Fresh strawberries are the star of this cake. They provide a burst of
vibrant flavor and natural sweetness. When incorporated into the cake batter, they
infuse it with their juicy essence, creating pockets of fruity goodness throughout.
- All-Purpose Flour: Flour serves as the structural base of the cake. It provides stability
and helps to bind the ingredients together. All-purpose flour gives the cake a tender
crumb while allowing the strawberry flavors to shine.
- Baking Powder: Baking powder and baking soda act as leavening agents, helping the
cake rise and become light and fluffy. They react with other ingredients in the batter,
producing carbon dioxide bubbles that give the cake its airy texture.
- Salt: Salt enhances the overall flavor profile of the cake, balancing the sweetness of the
strawberries and other ingredients. It also helps to activate the baking powder and soda,
ensuring proper leavening.
- Unsalted Butter: Butter adds richness and a luxurious mouthfeel to the cake. It
contributes to its tender texture while imparting a subtle, creamy flavor. Unsalted
butter allows better control over the cake’s overall saltiness.
- Granulated Sugar: Granulated sugar sweetens the cake and enhances the flavors of the
strawberries. It also contributes to the cake’s moisture and tender crumb.
- Eggs: Eggs provide structure, moisture, and richness to the cake. They act as binding
agents, helping to hold the batter together and providing stability during baking.
- Vanilla Extract: Vanilla extract adds a warm, aromatic note to the cake, enhancing its
overall flavor. It rounds out the sweetness of the strawberries and adds depth to the
- Buttermilk: Buttermilk lends a subtle tanginess to the cake, complementing the
sweetness of the strawberries. It also helps to tenderize the crumb, resulting in a moist
and tender texture.
- Lemon Juice: A small amount of lemon juice brightens the flavors of the strawberries. It
adds a refreshing tang and balances the sweetness, making the cake more vibrant and
- Veggie oil: Vegetable oil brings moisture, lightness, a neutral flavor, and ease of mixing
to a cake. It helps create a moist and tender texture, allows for a lighter and softer cake,
allows other flavors to shine, and blends easily with other ingredients in the batter.
Creating the Perfect Strawberry Puree:
- Wash and hull fresh strawberries, removing the green stems.
- Place the strawberries in a blender or food processor, along with a squeeze of fresh
lemon juice and a drizzle of simple syrup I like to use sol syrup
- Blend the mixture until smooth, ensuring no large chunks remain. The puree is now
ready to be incorporated into the cake batter.
Tips for the Perfect Textured Bundt Cake:
- Room Temperature Ingredients: Allow all your ingredients, such as eggs, butter, and
milk, to come to room temperature before beginning. This promotes even mixing and
creates a smoother batter.
- Proper Mixing Technique: Mix the batter just until the ingredients are incorporated.
Over-mixing can result in a denser cake.
- Sifting the Dry Ingredients: Sift the dry ingredients, such as flour and baking powder,
before adding them to the batter. This step helps to eliminate any lumps and creates a
Creating the Strawberry Icing:
- In a bowl, combine powdered sugar, a small amount of strawberry puree or extract (1/4
tsp), and a splash of milk or cream (2-3tbs).
- Whisk the ingredients together until smooth and creamy. Adjust the consistency by
adding more powdered sugar or milk as needed.
Garnishing Your Strawberry Bundt Cake:
- Fresh Strawberry Slices: Arrange fresh strawberry slices on top of the cake for an
elegant and vibrant finish.
- Mint Leaves: Add a touch of greenery by placing a few fresh mint leaves on the plate
next to each slice.
- Powdered Sugar Dusting: Lightly dust the top of the cake with powdered sugar to give it
a touch of elegance.
More dessert recipes:
- Best Southern Pecan Pie
- Mixed Berry Cheesecake
- Strawberry Pancakes with Ice Cream
- Best Southern Blueberry Cobbler
If you loved this Strawberry Bundt cake, let me know in the comments. Follow me on TikTok and Instagram for more delicious recipes!
Strawberry Bundt Cake
- 1 Stand mixer
- 1 1/2 stick butter softened, (170g)
- 2 cups sugar 400g
- 4 eggs room temperature
- 3 cups cake flour 342g
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup strawberries 243g, stemmed
- 1 tbs honey or lemon flavored simple syrup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp strawberry extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk 121g
- 1/4 cup veggie oil 54g
- 2 cups confectioners sugar 230g
- 4 tbsp milk 50g
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp strawberry extract optional
- Preheat your oven to 325°F (175°C). Grease and flour a Bundt pan.
- Puree fresh strawberries, lemon juice, and simple syrup in a blender or food processor to make puree
- In a bowl, combine veggie oil, strawberry puree, milk, and strawberry extract, set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk the cake flour, baking powder and salt, set aside
- In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, cream (mix) together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy, 3-5 minutes
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each until the yellow of the yolk is blended.
- Turn mixer to low speed and alternately add the flour mixture and the strawberry mixture, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Make sure to scrape down sides and bottom of bowl. Mix just until combined. (some lumps are ok)
- Pour the batter into the prepared Bundt pan, smoothing the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the strawberry icing, whisk together powdered sugar, strawberry puree, and milk or cream in a bowl until smooth and creamy. Adjust the consistency by adding more powdered sugar or liquid as needed.
- Once the cake has cooled, drizzle the strawberry icing over the top, allowing it to flow down the sides of the cake.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy the delightful flavors of your homemade Strawberry Bundt Cake!