Strawberry Pancakes with ice cream are like dessert for breakfast! This tasty spin on a morning classic has crisp, buttery edges, a light, fluffy center, and bursts of strawberry flavor in each forkful. Serve these easy strawberry pancakes with strawberry compote and a scoop of your favorite ice cream for a super sweet treat!
While you’re here, be sure to checkout these Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies too!
Treat yourself to strawberry ice cream pancakes! My Pawpaw’s strawberry pancake recipe has been passed down over generations. Whether it was a holiday or a Saturday morning, I knew the day would be special when I was served a stack of these delicious strawberry pancakes made with ice cream.
That’s right! Melted ice cream is the key to tasty pancakes. Instead of dairy milk, we use ice cream. It provides a richer flavor and even better texture. Grab the maple syrup and the whipped cream because we’re about to make the best strawberry pancakes you’ve ever had!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS STRAWBERRY PANCAKES RECIPE
- Perfect for Special Occasions. Pink strawberry pancakes are a showstopper no matter when they are served! But they are especially perfect for Sunday brunch, birthdays, and Valentine’s Day.
- Quick and Easy. With minimal prep time and simple ingredients, this pancake recipe is foolproof! Just whisk, pour your batter, and flip. Before you know it, you’ll have a stack on the breakfast table.
- Better than the Restaurant. Forget about IHOP or Denny’s. These pancakes are downright delicious! It’s also an affordable way to feed a group.
STRAWBERRY PANCAKES INGREDIENTS
- Eggs: This acts as a binder and ensures the pancakes come out super fluffy.
- Strawberry cake mix: The base of the strawberry flavor. Only use the cake mix. Do not follow the instructions on the box or add other ingredients like vanilla extract or baking powder.
- All-purpose flour: Sift the flour in order to lighten the batter.
- Salt: Add this to balance the sweetness. Use the referenced amount or add more to taste.
- Strawberry Ice cream: I love using the Blue Bell brand because it adds a depth of strawberry flavor and guarantees a moist, tender pancake. (Room temperature and melted.)
- Butter: Room temperature and melted.
How To Make Strawberry Pancakes
Mix Wet Ingredients and Dry Ingredients
Sift flour, cake mix, and salt together in a large bowl. Then make a well in the center and add melted ice cream, melted butter, and eggs; mix until smooth.
Cook & Flip
Heat a lightly oiled griddle, skillet, or pan over medium-high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake; cook until bubbles form and the edges are dry, about 2 to 3 minutes. Flip and cook until browned on the other side. Repeat with the remaining batter until done.
- White chocolate chips: Add mini chocolate chips directly to the batter for an even sweeter treat!
- Strawberry Compote: Whip up a quick homemade strawberry sauce. Just combine sugar, lemon, and fresh strawberries in a pan on the stovetop.
- Ice Cream Topping: The kids (and your inner child) will love this one! What better way to highlight the special ingredient than adding a heaping scoop on the finished product?
- Mini Strawberry Pancakes: Use an ice cream scoop to measure one ounce of pancake batter at a time. Cook mini pancakes over high heat so they come out tender.
- Do not over-mix. If you stir too much, the pancakes come out chewy.
- Flip the pancakes at the right time. You will know the pancakes are ready to be flipped when the bubbles on the surface begin to pop and form holes.
- Keep pancakes warm while you make enough for everyone. Set the oven to 200 degrees F and place the cooked strawberry pancakes on a baking sheet.
- Wipe the pan in between batches. Remove any pancake remnants before starting a new batch. Doing so will prevent the pancakes from sticking to the surface and burning.
- Have your toppings ready. Pancakes are best served fresh off of the griddle so make sure your toppings are ready to go.
Leftover strawberry pancakes can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Before freezing, place wax paper between each pancake in order to prevent them from sticking together. Frozen pancakes last up to 3 months in the freezer. Let them thaw overnight in the fridge.
To reheat, microwave in 30-second increments.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you add fruit to pancake batter?
Yes. Add fresh or frozen strawberries (diced) directly to the batter.
What is the secret to a fluffy pancake?
Many factors can affect how fluffy a pancake is. Using eggs, sifting flour, and not over-mixing all contribute to fluffier pancakes.
If you loved this Strawberry Pancakes recipe, let me know in the comments. For more delicious recipes, follow me on TikTok and Instagram!
Strawberry Pancakes with Ice Cream
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Strawberry cake mix
- 1 cup All-purpose flour heaping
- ¼ tsp Salt or more to taste
- 1¼ cups Strawberry ice cream melted (1 pint)
- 3 tbsp Butter melted
- Sift flour, cake mix, and salt together in a large bowl. Make a well in the center and add melted ice cream, melted butter, and eggs; mix until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or pan over medium-high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake; cook until bubbles form and the edges are dry, about 2 to 3 minutes. Flip and cook until browned on the other side. Repeat with remaining batter.